Saturday, June 28, 2008

Club Support....

This morning I was in no shape to tackle the boys on the Hell ride, instead an easy roll on the local trails would be the order for the day. Bruce Dickey had organised a race intro ride day for MTBers interested in getting into racing. Myself and a few other Fatties members offered their time and knowlede to the group. We had a good turn out of 12-15 keen riders. I believe this is going to become a regular fixture during winter in an effort to increase numbers attending races. So keep an eye on the Fatties website for the next outing.

The man himself, Mr Bruce Dickey, passing on his knowledge and experience as we tackle some technical tracks..

This is most of the group, listening closely to James before we do two laps of the famous Dickey loop...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was a great day, regarding attending more races, I did race in a very wet race at Officer Hard day series, 2 years ago run by FTFlyers, I decided not to do these events again because the course was poorly marshalled and the track was very dangerious in places compared to FGP events which I feel are professionally run and I now do. Fair enough it's got to be challenging, but dangerous, there's no excuse for that. There were sections that I thought race organisers should have modified for safety, anyway wanted to let you know. Cheers. Big D.