Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday morning from Hell...

I was super dad/husband on Friday, getting heaps of jobs and cleaning up done so come Saturday morning I could disappear for a few hour for a ride. I decided the Hell ride would be my ride of choice today as it is probably best bang for your buck ride going around.

The nights have been tough of late. Jackson (yes he now has a name) has been sleeping great during the day, but come night he is desperate for our attention and keeps both Robyn and myself up all night. Friday night was no different. I was finally in a deep sleep, when my alarm went off at 5:20- I couldn't move and decided 10 more minutes was in order. 45 minutes later I jumped out of bed, kitted up and was riding down Springvale Rd flat out to catch the bunch at Mordialloc (thank god for the tail wind).

I think Ash Thomas was happy to see I didn't desert him. We spent the whole ride hanging off the back of the bunch. Not so much fun. Turning off at Mordialloc to avoid the mayhem that was unfolding in the stiff head wind along Beach Road.

Jayden has spent the last couple of nights at a school friend house. I went over this afternoon to pick him up and was reminded of my youth. There where six kids fanging around the court on Green Machines. Those where the days. I was very close to jumping on one just to feel the some of the joy I had as a kid sliding recklessly down the street. But then I thought some things are best left as memories.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I'll have one of those thanks!! and ahh yes the momories!

Ash Thomas said...

damn straight, its cold and dark and the roadies scare me ;)

rhino said...

Ah Melbourne mornings.......