Thursday, October 11, 2007

Heading north

Last nights Fatties ride was a bit of a strange one. The warmer weather brought everyone out of the wood work. With this came a ride with more mechanicals than I have ever seen on this ride in over 5 years. I finished by pushing one of the regulars the last km or so (I now know how you felt a few years back thanks Rhino). I wasn’t feeling the best last night, I think it was due to the fact I hadn’t worked all day and I missed out on my normal 8-9hr warm-up. When those boys put the power down, the pace at the front is very hot. Sorry no photos, to busy chewing the bars.

Today I am packing for the dreaded drive north the Canberra for the Scott 24hr this weekend. Tonight myself and Ben Randall will get a few hours under the belt and finish it off by lunch time tomorrow. If you’re heading up for the event pop in to my pit tent and say g’day.

Kona anyone? Still one more on top of this lot.



Done. A fair load indeed. With a camper trailer on the back to boot.

For anyone interested, we are going to do some blog posts during the event to let you know how things are going. We are expecting a close to 0C for Sayurday night, should be fun.

No comments: