Friday, November 28, 2008

Being realistic...

I have had an interesting week so far. Tuesday I headed back to the Osteo to make sure everything was inline etc for the weekends race. All seemed good until I woke up Wednesday morning only to put my back out big time whilst putting socks on my feet. I called my Osteo and was back on his table that afternoon. He was not overly concerned about what had happened but when I went riding with the Fatties that night my back was very stiff. Getting off the bike and straightening up was an effort. It has taken me a couple of days to come to terms with this, but I am unable to race solo at this weekends Kona 24 in Forrest. I am pretty annoyed with myself, but am also keen to put some steps in place (read, train more) to rectify things for some interesting 24 hour racing early in the new year.

I will still be heading down to Forrest. I don't want to miss the biggest event on the Victorian Enduro calendar. I will take Jayden so he can race the kids race if he wants to, and run a muck as usual, we might even ride a full lap of the main course together. I don't think I will be up for fast consistent laps on a competitive team but might get to ride a few laps in one of the Kona casual teams. It will be interesting for me to attend a 24 hour race and have some fun kicking back with mates. As sad as I am for missing the main event, I am looking forward to seeing the race from another angle.

On another note. I just wanted to say welcome to Melbourne Jimi.

No comments: