Sunday, November 2, 2008

Slack As...

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, life has been busy with another busy week ahead. I will try and catch this week and get more stuff up.

Today I headed to Bendigo for the Golden Triangle 105km Epic. I was originally planning on riding the event with Randall, but he got full of a nasty cold and had to pull the pin. This left me wondering what to do, do I race or just cruise all by myself. I decided 105km by my self was a long way, so I did the best I could to get it done as quick as possible.

Even this almost didn't happen. I haven't been doing any MTBing lately, and I thought my back was all good after receiving some treatment after the Scott. But after a very sort time in the bush I realised I need to get more work done to correct my alignment. I was in a bit of pain again, but with all the road (dirt and sealed) on this course I persevered. The race ended up being a great training ride, I had a nice high average HR and the legs were nice and spent by the end. Sorry no pics yet.

During the event I saw one of the funniest (or should that say saddest) things I have seen while racing. I was riding along a dirt road with a few kangaroos hopping along side me. At first I thought they were just trying to get out way but then I saw they were playing with me, if I sped up they sped up, if I slowed down they slowed down. The funny bit happened when one was doing this for about 1km on the other side of a fence, at first I thought it jumped on a rabbit but then I saw it was its' joey fell out of its' pouch. The mum didn't realised and just kept hopping for another km of so. Poor little guy.

No comments: