Saturday, November 15, 2008

Team CSC...

Yesterday I went into to CSC's Melbourne office to talk about myself and my sport. I thought this would be a great opportunity to give a select audience a bit of an insight into what solo 24 hour MTB racing is all about. CSC as a company are at the for front of encouraging employees to participate in cycling. Obviously the global company has shown a huge interest in the sport of cycling with it's sponsorship of one of the best road teams in the world. Even the Melbourne Vice President, Peter Donnelly came along for a listen.

A nice gesture from Bob Spagnolo (formerly the Gooch TV man).


Today I have just about lost my voice. I am not sure if I will get any riding in this weekend and am looking like being well under done for the Kona 24 in two weeks time. Looking forweard to it.

4 comments:

Troy Bailey said...

Nice 1 Bellie,Ambassador!

Hope negotiations went well! don't sign for anything less than 100k a season.

T

Anonymous said...

Andrew,

Thanks heaps for comming in an chatting to some of our cyclists. Your focus and dedication was an inspiration to many - especially that part about only 8 hours training a week !!


Cameron James
CSC

Gooch said...

Thanks greatly for taking the time out to come and speak to us Bellie.
Everyone found your presentation of great value.
Lots of questions where asked and answered and it was good to have you speak about what works for you.
Everyeone is amazed at what you go through in a 24hr enduro the amount of mental and physical challenges that need to be overcome.
Your talk was very inspirational and professional.
Thank you again for taking the time out to talk to us!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bellie, thanks for coming in and sharing your tips and pointers on solo racing. After "Racing" on the weekend up at forrest I'm hooked. Don't worry though there is not a chance in hell I would be doing it solo. My back was killing me after a double lap! Hope to see you out there on the trails soon.

Cheers
Jace
CSC