Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kona 24....

Sorry for the delay in getting this up. My Internet has been down since the weekend and I have had to hijack Robyn's computer, so I will make it quick.

Firstly I must say riding in a social team was a very relaxing way to spend the weekend. Everyone should experience it at least once in their life. As a team we weren't even worried if we had anybody on course. I was able to get out on each of the courses and enjoy the riding. Each of the three courses were fantastic. I recon you would struggle to find better riding in 24 hour event anywhere else in Australia.

Although I was there having fun, the competitive part of me wanted to be racing in a "proper" manner. So I have walked away from the event fired up to get some great training done and have a crack at some more 24 hour races next year.

Unfortunately for Jayden the kids race was not to be. He was fighting for the lead and had a altercation resulting in a nasty gash on his knee. It needed to be super glued back together, but in true Jayden form he was back on the bike within the hour.




No comments: