Sunday, July 26, 2009

CTS Round 3

I was a bit worried about doing this race. I often race under trained, but doing a six hour MTB race with less than three weeks of training in the legs is pushing it a bit. I through my camera in my pocket to give me an excuse to stop during the laps, but below is the only pic I too, it was on the start line. I was amazed with how I performed. The legs felt fresh and eager to go. I needed to hold back and stay comfortable to make sure I did no damage to my aging unfit body. I think I ended up in 4th or 5th only 25mins off the leader.


It was another well organised event, (even without Snozza keeping an eye on things) well done to the Full Gas team. The course they set for us was absolutely mud free and a whole lot of fun. The Hei Hei was a pleasure to ride as usually and didn't miss a beat.

BTW don't forget to check out the World 24 Hour website to see how the Aussies fared in Canada. They are due to finish while we sleep Sunday night.

No comments: