Monday, June 1, 2009

CTS 5hr...

Another great event run by Full Gas Promotions. This event saw the move of event head quarters to the Lysterfield Lake area using Trailmix as the centre. With a capacity field (400 I think) and about 130 hunters missing out on entering, this series is become the must do events on the enduro calendar. With this race being the shortest in the four race series, the numbers in the solo categories were huge. A great stepping stone to the big event, the Kona 24hr. I know of quite a few riders using the Kona as their introduction to solo 24hr racing. One of which took out the girls solo category, well done Annie.

As for my race yesterday, I was super happy with how things went. Lap times were very consistent, leg felt great and I showed no signs of blowing up.... I think I even jumped two places in the final lap or two, which put me in a very respectful 4th. Now if I can only find 6-10 more hours in the week to train I might be right up on the heals of the front runners. Keeping in mind this distance of event isn't what I am known for.

I will add some pics when they surface.

1 comment:

Sean Bekkers said...

Well done mate. You going to do the Scott24hr this year?