Saturday, August 22, 2009

Great race...

Well it's all over bar the drinking session in the bar tonight. It was a great race, the rain improved to course by a long was. The atmosphere was fantastic and fun was had by all (except the two competitors that were air lifted out...ouch).

Ben finished a credible 3rd in vets and 5th out right, (Hamish Elliot won in great style) I was about 9 mins behind Ben just out of top ten. I was pretty happy with that given the little riding I do. I have been motivated to get stuck into a little more riding and will see how things go give my current time constants... It is probably a good idea with races like the Scott 24 and Kona 24 coming up.

Big thanks to Andrew from AyUp for getting us up hear to sample racing in this regon. It has been great. Be sure to stay tuned I will post a review on the newly released AyUp V4 kit very soon, it has already proven to be the must have kit for '09.

1 comment:

chops said...

well done andrew it was a good riding with till the last loop were you got away...